Tektronix 5 Series MSO
The 5 Series MSO in an integral component in power supply measurement, design, and analysis. Whether you are measuring switching loss and safe operating area, bode plots, power supply rejection ratios, or in-circuit inductor and transformers and more, the 5 Series MSO is the perfect complement to your bench. See how you can use the 5 Series MSO for today’s most popular applications, like automated serial bus analysis and jitter analysis.
Specs at a glance
Compare (New Gen Scopes)
More than just a new display and user interface. A new standard.
Get the big picture and take total control, with the 15.6 HD touchscreen display. Use the capacitive pinch-zoom-swipe touchscreen, front panel controls, or mouse to analyze and manage multiple signals without fighting through menus.
Don't run out of channels.
Available with 4, 6, or 8 FlexChannel inputs. Each can be used to look at 1 analog signal or look at 8 digital logic signals, just by changing the probe. Display any analog signal as a high-resolution waveform, a spectrum, or both at the same time, with independent acquisition controls for each domain.
Let no detail go unseen, with up to 16 bits of vertical resolution.
12-bit analog to digital converters deliver up to 16 bits of vertical resolution using advanced digital signal processing. See and measure small signal details, even if they're riding on large signals.
Buy what you need now. Add on as your needs change.
- Bandwidth up to 2 GHz
- Record Length up to 500 Mpoints
- TLP058 Logic Probes each provide 8 digital channels
- Add Windows OS to run PC software on the scope
- Add a built-in Arbitrary/Function Generator
- Serial Decode/Trigger support for key buses like I2C, SPI, USB 2.0, Ethernet, CAN, LIN, many others
- Automated compliance testing for Ethernet, USB 2.0, and Automotive Ethernet
- Advanced Jitter Analysis
- Automated Power Measurement and Analysis
- Power Rail Measurements
- Inverters, Motors and Drives Analysis
New features and options make the best scopes better
- Vector Signal Analysis
- Manchester decoding
- SDLC protocol decoding
- MIPI D-PHY (DSI/DSI) decoding
- SVID protocol decoding
- eUSB2 protocol decoding
Free upgrade on all instruments
- Built-in programming command translator
Free upgrades on instruments with advanced analysis options
- Instruments with Advanced Power Analysis (PWR option) gain enhanced frequency response analysis
NEW Application Bundles
- New bundles offer more application coverage for less cost than individual options
NEW PC Software
- TekScope waveform analysis software for Windows
What's in the box?
- 1 passive probe per input channel:
- TPP0500B (500 MHz) when you choose either the 350 or 500 MHz bandwidth option
- TPP1000 (1 GHz) when you choose either the 1 or 2 GHz bandwidth option
- 1-year warranty on the included probes
- 3-year warranty on the instrument
- Mouse, power cord and front cover with attached accessory pouch
- Printed Installation Manual covers safety and basic operation
- Comprehensive Integrated Online Help
- Certificate of traceability